Tuesday 21 February 2017

Friday, February 17th, 2017

Jesus said to His Disciples, 'Follow Me and I will make you....'  It sounds simple enough, He leads and we follow.  If I wanted to go to your house but I didn't know the way it could take me a long time to fine your house.  If you drove over to my house and said, 'follow me and I will lead you back.'  My need to know the way is no longer my concern but I only need to follow you.  Trouble comes when I start to think that you no longer know the right way to your house.  I start to question the route you pick even when I don't know the way myself.  I start to slow down and you start to slow down because you know I only need to follow you.  Soon we are both stopped and you ask, 'is there a problem? '  Such is our walk with the Lord.  We slow down when He leads us on roads that we don't like to travel.  I encourage you today to look up for the road ahead looks bright and where He leads me I will follow.  Keep the faith for we know that Jesus only lead us in paths of righteousness for His name sake and we will arrive at His house and be glad
Sunday morning I will be sharing, "The Lesson In The Storm."  Why does the Lord lead us or bring us into stormy places?  What it is that we learn in a storm that we don't learn in the calm?  Bring a friend with you this Sunday as we enjoy the presence of the Lord together.
Many of you are aware that Brian Snow has passed from the earth realm to glory.  The visitation is this evening from 6 to 9 at Chant's Funeral Home in Sydney and the funeral is Saturday, tomorrow afternoon at 2pm. 
Also Corinne Samson has passed on to glory but there will be no visitation .  Her funeral is on Monday 2pm from Chant's Funeral Home in Sydney.
In talking with both families they know where their loved one has gone.  They grieve over the loss yet they rejoice in the great assurance of Heaven.
Continue to pray for all those in need.  Looking forward to seeing you soon, lots of love Pastor Kevin and Alice 

No comments:

Post a Comment